What is a Post Tensioned Slab:
Post Tensioned slabs is the most commonly used solution for slabs all around Australia, especially for big developments, it is considered as the first option since it offers many benefits from bigger spans to less concrete and faster construction speed. It involves placing empty ducts and pushing strands inside these ducts which will be later stressed once the concrete has reached enough strength.
- Gain fundamental knowledge and code requirements when designing a post tensioned slab.
You Will Learn:
Introduction to PT Slab:
– How PT works and principles around it
PT Slab Design Requirements AS3600:
– Loading, Reo/PT Cover Requirements
– Load Balancing, Strength Limit State
– Slab and Beam Serviceability Crack Controls
– Shrinkage Crack Control Requirements
Read Slab Structural Drawings
Understand Structural Joints:
– Why and Where Movement Joints are Required
– Different types of Movement & Construction Joints